- Before last August, I was 7 the last time I ate a bowl of cereal. Since then I have discovered that Honey Nut Cheerios or Honey Rice Bitz are not only breakfasty delicious, but they are a fantastic substitute for dinner.
- The picture that inspired this SSFS reminded me of someone who ate breakfast with his wife then boarded one of the ill-fated planes. The horror of September 11 lingers.
- Instead of focusing on those who piss in our oatmeal, let’s remember those whose idea of a hot breakfast is powdered eggs in a MRE.
- I totally would’ve been Claire Standish in The Breakfast Club, though I bet I could be just as batshit nuts as Ally Sheedy if I wanted to. 🙂
- Chocolate zucchini bread and pumpkin bread are my favorite fall breakfast treats to make for the kids. I’m actually looking forward to fall baking this year–if you’re lucky and I love you lots, you might get a loaf in the mail.
- There’s a 40 minute break between dropping Jolie off and dropping Rhett off at school, which I am going to have to figure out how to fill. Somehow Cheerios in the back of the Soul while waiting for carpool seems to be in my future.
- My remaining two munchkins start school this week. Boy, summer break went fast.
I love you all, some more than others.