- Adam and I completed our first 5K together yesterday in honor of suicide prevention. Such a worthy cause and such and incredibly fun workout. We held hands the entire way and had some great conversation. And now we already want to do another one again soon.
- I gained 0.2 pounds this week. Not bad considering I didn’t hit the gym once, but I still need to get my butt in gear and get those numbers going in the opposite direction.
- The closer we get to closing on our house, the more nervous I get that something is going to come along and screw it all up. I am trying to remain positive, but this anxiety is getting the best of me.
- Adam got a job where he has to work outside of the house. This seems like a silly point for most, but we have worked side by side at home for the past 20 months, so it’s going to take some getting used to. I’m incredibly proud of him for following his passion, though.
- I am looking forward to working out this week with my new gym partner—my 12 year old daughter Jolie Bean. Maybe I can instill the love of exercise with her at an early age since it seems to have bypassed me.
- Rhett is looking for a new book series to read. He is finishing Percy Jackson and couldn’t get into the Lord of the Rings that I bought him. Maybe another Rick Riordan? Narnia? Or Lemony Snicket? Suggestions?
- Every year there comes a time—and it’s never predictable when it is—when work is slow. I am lucky to get an article a day. That time has been this past week, which has only made my nerves worse because I have nothing to focus on but the creeping negative thoughts. But I keep fighting the good fight.
I love you all, some more than others.