- When the kids are in public and behave so well that I just can’t believe it, I will never again rehash the experience with Adam (or anyone, for that matter), for that will only cement a meltdown at the nearest possible future moment.
- Having Adam around as a partner during Christmas time has countless benefits, not the least of which is his uncanny ability to remember to move Dobby the Elf into his daily hiding place—something I failed miserably at last year as he stayed in the same spot for 5 days straight and I blamed the children’s obvious misbehavior on his inability to take his eyes off them.
- 8 is a super cool age. It was for Jolie and it’s working out so far for Rhett. Just don’t tease him about having a pretend crush on Carrie Underwood or point out if he might be crying…No. Seriously. Don’t.
- Rhett and I were exchanging favorites in his family journal. He asked me about my favorite book and when I wrote him, “To Kill a Mockingbird,” he responded with concern, “Your favorite book sounds sad…” Must. Remember. Their. P.O.V.
- This is the last year for Santa for Jolie—she refused to tell me what she wants the big guy to bring her. She even went so far as to whisper in his ear when we went to see him this afternoon. Just a little test to see if he’s real.
- Lesson for Adam: No matter how solid your grounds are, never, I mean never, say Elsa is a brat and Anna is the one who everyone should like.
- Backup my pictures. I seem to have lost a ton of pictures that I had earmarked to scrapbook later—including all of Jolie’s pictures that I took of her crossing the borders of the 37 states she’s visited. I see many more road trips in our future.
I love you all, some more than others.