1. “Your breath smells like dog penis.” –PJ not so delicately telling me I needed to brush my teeth during story time.
2. “I was just trying to figure out which breed…perhaps a retriever from the plains of Minnesota.” –someone special upon smooching me hello, after I told him about PJ’s insult.
3. “PJ, why did you draw on your window with cheetos and oreos?” “Because I’m an artist.” –PJ.
4. “Mom, I got stung by a jellyfish and it hurt. REALLY bad.”–JolieBean, checking in from the beach.
5. I found some love notes that Sam wrote me when we were dating. I won’t quote them, but I will say that even though I am glad to have him as a bestie, a tiny wee little part of me misses the romance. Water under the bridge.
6. “I used to be love drunk, but now I’m hungover…”—Boys Like Girls in one of my favorite lyrics ever.
7. “But of all these friends and lovers, there is no one who compares with you….” The Beatles, in a song that I’ve sung to Jolie since the day she was born. It still makes me tear up.
I love you all, some more than others.
**Bonus 8. For those of you in the Cincinnati area, consider coming out next weekend to support the 21st annual Cincy Blues Fest. It’s an awesome time with national and international acts. Sawyer Point, Friday and Saturday. Be there! More info at http://cincybluesfest.org