Steve, the complete and utter romantic that he is, made me a playlist—something that is akin to the mix tapes of yore. It’s impossible to pick my top 7 favorites, but here are 7 that make my heart melt (in no particular order). I’ve included YouTube links for those who wish to get all mush-butt like me, just click on the song title.
- Chicago, “Make Me Smile”
- Eels, “I Like the Way This Is Going”
- Brandi Carlile, “Closer To You”
- Herb Alpert, “This Guy’s In Love With You”
- Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova, “Falling Slowly”
- Norah Jones, “I’ve Got To See You Again”
- Corinne Bailey Rae, “Are You Here?”
I love you all, some more than others.