- I think I’m going to start asking my children to respond with “as you wish” to my requests. And if they don’t I’ll remind them “I’m no one to be trifled with…” Yes, I introduced them to The Princess Bride this weekend.
- I’d forgotten how many great lines are in The Princess Bride…perhaps my favorite line of all time is when Westley says, “Death cannot stop true love…all it can do is delay it for a while,” something I firmly believe.
- “Oh no! She didn’t stop, drop, and roll.”—Paisley, upon watching Princess Buttercup’s skirt catch on fire in the Fire Swamp.
- With Christmas coming up, my schedule feels like Prince Humperdinck’s of late. “I’ve got my country’s 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it. I’m swamped.”
- “Wuv. Twue wuv…will follow you forever.”—the Impressive Clergyman has only an inkling of the truth as I have traveled the galaxies through time with mine.
- “Since the invention of the kiss, there have been five kisses that have been rated the most passionate, the most pure. This one left them all behind.”—quite possibly the best ending line of a book.
- “I didn’t like all the sword fighting…”—Paisley; “It was really good,”—Rhett; “Not at all what I expected. I can’t believe Westley was alive the whole time!”—Jolie
I love you all, some more than others.
One thought on “Seven Sentences for Sunday: The Battle of Wits Edition”
The Princess Bride has been, and will always be, one of the BEST movies ever made!