1. While I had an amazing NYE, the preempted trip to Nashville made me miss out on more than my brothers…churros. Tiny little churros from Jack in the Box that make my mouth water with their otherworldy goodness. I’m taking the long way to Atlanta next time.
2. What made up for the lack of churros was perhaps the best post-drunk snack I’ve ever put in my mouth–a chicken and apple sausage with mustard, bacon, onions, and barbecue sauce–all on a fresh bun. Soaked those cranberry-vodkas right up.
3. Wanna know what sucks big, hairy, New Year’s balls? Waking up on New Year’s Day ready to jam and finding out your favorite radio station has gone country. Now where am I going to find my Lady Gaga and Elton John back to back?
4. 2012 is going to be a good year, I can feel it. Could be the extra helping of black-eyed peas I had for lunch, but I prefer to chalk it up to good juu-juu. I’ve had it coming for a while now.
5. I resolve to work on paying off my credit card debt before adding school debt on top of it, to eat more healthfully, and to laugh more often. I think I’ve officially become an old lady with my resolutions.
6. Does the watermelon Jolly Rancher I just ate count as the fruit serving of my eating more healthfully? I may have become an old lady with making my resolutions, but I’m still a child at keeping them. See, I told you 2012 was off to a great start.
7. I am so very thankful for good friends, scattered across the country though they may be, who seem to know just the right time to reach out and say hi. I wish everyone could have a friend like Heather Nodelman, Janna Sayer, or Amanda Korey. I am lucky enough to have all three plus quite a few more with whom I share the good fortune of 2012.
Happy 2012 everybody. I love you all, some more than others.