- I’m not sure what sort of crack-laced carcinogenic substance they put in Nerds to give them such a powerful flavor burst in one little neon-colored nugget, but man those things pack a punch.
- Rhett and I had a date night tonight and went to see The Phantom Menace. I’d forgotten how frustratingly annoying Jar-Jar Binks is. And Rhett now wants to be Darth Maul.
- I found this written on a scrap piece of paper of mine and was reminded of how true it is after a breakup: “One day you wake up and realize that it’s not his side of the bed anymore. The whole bed belongs to you until another lover leaves his imprint.”
- Sam told his kids that we are dating and I have broached the subject with mine. All responses were positive, but it adds a new level of seriousness to our relationship. I hope I don’t fuck this up.
- I am going to try chicken and waffles this year. Another induction into Cincinnati culture.
- I’m hoping that my giving up sugar for Lent will help kickstart the weight loss I so desperately need. I’m glad I am loved no matter what, but I would like to love myself and my health just a bit more.
- With age comes discretion and more wisdom about what topics I choose to write on. Having older kids in my social sphere now means I must think twice about what to post. Discretion without censorship–I will try to walk the line of staying true to myself without risking my relationships.
I love you all, some more than others.